- Campus map, referenced below: Muhlenberg College Map
- Dress code is casual - anything from shorts and a T-shirt is acceptable.
Consider a sweatshirt or a light coat, since the building can be cool in the summer.
- Park on Chew Street (the main street through campus) or in any visitor parking.
- The workshop is in room 140 of Trumbower Hall (#4 on the campus map).
From Chew St, if you look at the campus lawn, the building with the domed bell tower is Haas, and Trumbower is the building to the left.
- We will have a continental breakfast, morning & afternoon snack breaks, and lunch (ordered from Parma Pizza).
- Next to Trumbower is Seegers Union which has the bookstore, dining facilities, etc.
- There is a casual dinner after the workshop at Clif’s home (730 Prospect Ave, Bethlehem, PA 18018). Directions from campus
- Please call any of us for further assistance:
- 610-417-6819 (Mike Walsh, student assistant)
- 484-515-2312 (Tim Gee, student assistant)
- 484-893-0255 (Clif Kussmaul)
We have an ambitious schedule for the day, and we will start promptly at 9am,
so please allow time to get settled and have a light breakfast.
|08:30||Arrival, Registration, Continental Breakfast|
|09:00||Workshop: Introduction to POGIL|
|10:45||Break & Snacks|
|11:00||Workshop: Activity Structure|
|12:30||Lunch Break (ordered from Parma Pizza)|
|1:15||Workshop: Classroom Facilitation|
|2:45||Break & Snacks|
|3:00||Workshop: Robust Models|
On Fri June 1, there will be a 1-day POGIL workshop at Muhlenberg College
from 9am to around 6pm, including 4-5 sessions, continental breakfast, lunch, & breaks.
The workshop does not assume previous POGIL experience,
and is targeted at faculty & staff, K-12 teachers, and college students
who want to learn about POGIL and how to review, design, & write activities.
More info will be available at http://cspogil.org/tiki-index.php?page=Workshop2012
The NSF TUES CS-POGIL project will cover facilitator stipends, materials, food, etc.
Participants are responsible for their own travel and lodging, if applicable.
The modest registration fee ($20 for students, $30 for others)
should be sent as a check payable to “Muhlenberg College” and mailed to:
Clif Kussmaul, Dept of Math & CS, Muhlenberg College, 2400 Chew St, Allentown, PA 18104
The fee will be refunded for people who attend (we don’t want to waste money on no-shows).
Please respond promptly, before we open the workshop to a broader audience.
Sincerely, Clif Kussmaul
Please RSVP to kussmaul at muhlenberg.edu with the following info:
- Name(s) & email(s):
- (check below as applicable)
- ___: I/we have mailed a check for the registration fee.
- ___: I/we plan to arrive the day before (Thu June 2).
- ___: I/we would stay for a casual dinner shortly after the workshop.
- ___: I/we plan to depart the day after (Sat June 3).
- Questions, concerns, & special needs: