Pre-Conference Event, SIGCSE 2014, Atlanta, GA
Supported by NSF TUES DUE-1044679. Organized by:
- Clif Kussmaul, Muhlenberg College, PA
- Helen H. Hu, Westminster College, UT
- Matt Lang, Google, CA
- Tammy Pirmann, Springfield Township High School, PA
This pre-conference event is for teachers (at any level) who use guided inquiry, POGIL, or related approaches in their classrooms, or who have participated in an introductory session. (On Friday evening there is a seperate intro workshop.)
The event will run from 9am to 5pm and consist of 4 sessions, with breaks and lunch. We will develop and post a detailed schedule based on the participants and their interests and priorities. Our goal is to help everyone share experiences and ideas, and to develop a community of colleagues and collaborators. Thus, the event will likely consist of some combination of:
- Description and discussion of experiences and concerns.
- Advanced workshops on activity design, review, and facilitation.
- Peer review of activities (rough drafts, or polished).
- Discussion of future directions & collaborations.
To apply, please email Clif Kussmaul (email@example.com), with a brief description of your interests and experiences in guided inquiry learning, and any particular goals or ideas for the event. There is a $25 registration fee, but participants will be reimbursed at least $200 for hotel or travel expenses (1 hotel night is $160). Exact reimbursement will depend on the number of attendees.
Once accepted, registration should be payable to Muhlenberg College, and mailed to:
Clif Kussmaul, Computer Science, Muhlenberg College
2400 Chew St, Allentown, PA 18104.
Please send questions or comments to Clif Kussmaul.